YRSA Seeks New District Technical Director
POSITION: District Technical Director
STATUS: Full Time, Contract
APPROVED BY: Board of Directors
QUALIFICATIONS: CSA “A” License or International equivalent.
OSA Master Learning Facilitator or LF in process of upgrading
The York Region District Technical Director, under the direction of the YRSA Board of Directors, will promote and develop the game of soccer at all levels within the YRSA through their skill, knowledge, experience and passion.
The Technical Director performs a variety of technical services, consulting and support tasks involved in the operation of the YRSA’s coaching, training and development programmes. The Technical Director maintains helpful and courteous relations with members, coaches, the Executive and the YRSA Board of Directors. The Technical Director requires the knowledge of the organization and current operating policies. The Technical Director may often be required to be the first point of contact with the organization and it is expected that a positive image will be maintained.
- strong background in coaching development
- strong practical coaching and playing experience
- proven record of success in creating and implementing coaching & player development programmes beginning at the “grassroots” level.
- strong interpersonal, leadership and instructional abilities
- the ability to communicate with children, youth and adults
- Proven knowledge of Canadian Sport for Life Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) and specific expert knowledge of the Canadian Soccer Associations Long Term Player Development (LTPD) and the Ontario Soccer Associations LTPD development and implementation plans.
- An ability to effectively communicate, at every level, the OSA 's LTPD plan
- Proven ability to produce a variety of technical resources to aid member clubs in club development, player development, coaching development and LTPD program creation and implementation
- Detailed knowledge of the CSA coach education program and NCCP programs and an ability to communicate program details at all levels.
- An ability to use Microsoft office products with the knowledge to produce dynamic multi-media presentations.
- The ability to create productive working relationships with other district technical staff and OSA technical staff
5 or more years in the position of Technical Director, with a proven record of success in coaching & player development, in a not-for-profit voluntary sector sports (soccer) organization.
The YRSA Technical Director will be required to be available to work non-traditional hours to include evening, weekends, and extra hours to accommodate activities such as Board meetings and representing the YRSA at public events, conferences, etc.
Please submit your resume, in confidence, to the attention of: YRSA Technical Director Selection Committee:
Mailing address: 101 Bradwick Drive, Concord, ON L4K 1K5
Email Address: TDselectioncommittee@yrsa.ca
Via Facsimile: (905) 660-8832
Closing Date: March 20th, 2013 @ 6 p.m.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.