YRSA Individual Development Program (IDP) for 2001 Players
Objectives of the Program
The Individual Development Program is designed for players U13 & U14 (Boys & Girls) that are currently registered for an L3 or L4 club squad in a 'Soccer For Life' league. (NOTE: players currently registered with an OPDL squad are not eligible for this program). The objective of the program is to address technical deficiencies of individuals to make them more proficient soccer players to either progress to the OPDL level at U14 or to simply enjoy playing the game at the same level more skillfully.
Individual Development Plan
The program is designed to equip every player with an 'Individual Development Plan' to address specific shortcomings and to measure progress consistently and accurately. Every player's development plan is different due to the nature of the individualistic characteristics of the player. The Individual Development Plan addresses three main technical areas the player needs improvement on as well as tactical, physical and psychological targets to be achieved over the course of the program. Every player receives a progress report multiple times throughout the 8-month program (January 31 - September 19, 2014) with valuable and individualized feedback.
The IDP is based on both progression throughout the three different development phases and within each development phase itself. Players progress from the 'Cognitive Phase' via the 'Associative Phase' to the 'Autonomous Phase'. Each phase is characterized by specific measurable criteria, hence, it is very transparent to the player to recognize in which of the phases each individual player is currently working in. The goal for every player is to progress from the 'Cognitive Phase' to the 'Autonomous Phase' in each of the three identified areas where improvement is needed.
- 8-Month program beginning January 31, 2014 until September 19, 2014
- 35 Training Sessions on Friday evenings in Stouffville (indoor and outdoor) from 6PM - 7:25PM for girls and 7:30PM - 8:55PM for boys
- 8 Theory Sessions complementing the practical field work in key individual areas
- 5-Day Summer Camp (July 2014 - TBD) for each registered player (full days 9AM-4PM)
- 4:1 Player/Coach ratio - training sessions delivered according to technical curriculum, developed by Mirco Schroff (YRSA Technical Director)
- 2:1 Goalkeeper/Coach ratio
- Space is limited to 16 field players and 2 goalkeepers per gender (players born in 2001).
$800 payable in 2 installments of $400. First installment is due upon registration; 2nd due on March 31, 2014. Fees include all sessions indoor and outdoor, training kit, summer camp and potential development games (9v9) against other district groups (ie: Durham, Huronia, Toronto, etc.). Players also receive individual development plans, progress reports, video analysis and a workbook.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
For program enquiries, please contact the YRSA Technical Director - Mirco Schroff.